The competition between retail businesses gets tougher with every passing day. With over 1 million retail businesses out there, you may think of abandoning the idea of standing out, and, instead, just focus on how to make an entry into the retail shelves. But the fact of the matter is that a defensive approach will not take you anywhere in this fast-paced world. If you have got to sell your retail products, you have got to be more aggressive with your marketing approach.
Aside from working on marketing measures to sell your products, it is imperative to pay attention to the retail packaging. The retail packaging allows you to make an impact on your customers from shelves. You do not have to be a top brand for your retail packaging to work; you just have to be creative.
The role of custom retail packaging boxes
Customer retail packaging boxes can be an ultimate weapon in your marketing campaign. A box doesn’t have to be a protective cover only. You can use it to showcase your brand in the best possible way. Here is what the custom packaging boxes can do for your brand.
- Protect your product throughout the supply chain process
- Let the people know about your brand by displaying the brand-building story that you have printed on the sides of the box
- Provide necessary information about your product
- Help the potential customers decide if they should buy your product
- Describe how to use the product
About 64% of consumers say that they decide about buying a product because of its packaging. They also say that once they are attracted to the product packaging, they do not research much about the brand. It means that well-designed packaging can increase your sales drastically.
Steps to produce an attractive custom retail packaging for your product
Here is a brief list of steps that you should follow to build an attractive custom retail packaging for your product.
- You first need to figure out the size of the box or outer packaging that you will use for your product. For this purpose, you will need to measure the dimensions of your product. While calculating the dimensions, you will also need to consider the need to use fillers and other cushioning supplies, which can contribute to an increase in the volume of the overall package.
- What needs to be visible on the outer packaging will depend on whether your product will sit on the shelf or go to the customer’s doorstep. The package delivered on the doorstep is relatively simpler as compared to the one that has to wait in a brick and mortar store. The customers do not open a package in a brick and mortar store, so the packaging of the product on a shelf has to describe what’s inside the package.
- The outer packaging should have eye-catching patterns and colors that represent your brand. It will help you to stand out among your competition.
- Prepare a 3-dimensional model before creating a bulk of packages. It will help you look at what your product packaging will be like.
- After you are sure about the design, send it to the printing company or department to have the packaging prepared.